The many services provided for free to our clients requires a lot of help and selflessness! We have a variety of volunteer needs, and many ways to serve and get involved. Plus, many of our medical volunteer positions provide forensic training.
One of the major hurdles for Sara’s Project is recruitment of medical staff. This is a vital part of what we do, and it takes dedicated volunteers to meet our needs for the community.
RNs, ARNPs and Physician Assistants are a big need! Why? Our SART program offers adult victims of sexual assault a private and relaxing atmosphere, forensic interviews, medical evaluations, high quality forensic evidence collection, victim advocacy, mental health interventions and referrals, etc. To excel in the delivery, management and measurement of service and clinical quality, we need volunteer medical professionals to conduct the examinations. Adult/Adolescent SANE (Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner) training would be sponsored. Also, this training session provides 40 hours of forensic nursing training to interested RNs, ARNPs and Physician Assistants, and we provide state and national peer review learning sessions for medical professionals.
- Administrative – Assist staff with answering phones, copying, and bulk mail, and produce training materials.
- Building and Grounds – Maintain flowerbeds and gardening. Also assist with interior repairs and miscellaneous work.
- Special Projects – Decorate facility during holidays or special events, set up a teddy bear drive and host events.
- Community Outreach – Assist with public speaking engagements promoting community awareness and education; participate in agency booth at conferences and public events.
- Fundraising – Participate in a variety of fundraising activities throughout the year.
** Background checks, signed confidentiality pledge and training are required
If you are interested in becoming involved or would like more information, contact us at 580.226.7283.