Getting Help in Times of Crisis: Crisis Management Skills Training
This training is designed for all school staff, from administration to the Board of Education to lunchroom personnel. However, you do not have to be a school employee to take the course.
Crisis training provides teachers, counselors, administrators and parents the opportunity to learn about grief and loss, as well as how to respond appropriately. At Sara’s Project, we continually review and update the curriculum to reflect the latest research and best practices, and the course is taught as a one or two-day course, depending upon your needs.
Crisis Management Training works to implement, maintain and preserve crisis response teams. Participants will actively participate and develop skills in dealing with student level crisis response in the classroom, and actual experiences with school crisis programs will be shared. Through the training, participants are expected to achieve increased comfort in dealing with school crisis issues.
Our goal is to train, educate and assist in developing an on-site crisis response team for each school location. This includes:
- Practical problem solving response plan
- Interactive group problem solving
- Identifying team roles and responsibilities to manage crisis
- Child abuse identification and reporting
- Establishing protocols for a variety of crisis events
- Best practices for crisis response
- Operational debriefing
- Grief/loss/trauma in the classroom
- Suicide Intervention and implementation of on-site crisis teams
- Team leaders/administrator testimony utilizing best practices
Sign Up for Training
To sign up for a training, contact us at email@example.com, or call Donnell Cox at (580) 226-7283.